Goulds SPD41000N1 SPD Plus Series Simplex Variable Speed Pump Controller, 100 HP, 460 Volt
|Quick Specs||SPD PLUS 460V 100HP NEMA 1|
|Features & Benefits|
|Goulds Aquavar SPD Plus Pump Controller Range of Features:|
• Energy Saving – The SPD Plus is a true variable frequency controller which adjusts motor speed to match the hydraulic needs of the system and maintain pressure. Unlike valve controlled systems, the energy draw is substantially reduced during lower flow while operating the pump close to its best efficiency. Significant energy savings over fixed speed pumps are common.
• Easy Set-up – Pre-set for submersible or surface motor characteristics. Pre-wired and tested transducer. Touch button pressure setting. No complicated menus or electrical programming to manage. Total set up time including wiring is less than 30 minutes.
• Flexible enclosure offerings – NEMA 3R – Outdoor rated enclosures rated to 122oF, without derating the drive. NEMA 1 – Indoor rated enclosure providing flexibility for use indoors or mounting within a user supplied enclosure. Load filters for NEMA 1 systems provided separately.
• Dual Phase Input – 230V drives can be used on either three phase or single phase power supplies. Drives are UL listed for either configuration.
• Optional Integrated Load Reactor (NEMA 3R Only) – The NEMA 3R SPD Plus is available with output filter rated to 1000 feet of motor lead. Programming is also pre-set to 30 Hz minimum to protect motor bearing lubrication required by some motor manufacturers.
• True Motor Match – The SPD Plus is rated for the higher amp requirements typical of submersible pumps. A 100 HP SPD Plus will run a 100 HP submersible pump!
• Transducer – As with all CentriPro drives, the pressure transducer is included with the drive so there is no need for separate sourcing and compatibility checks. The transducer is pre-wired and tested, with internal case grounding! Upsizing not required.
• Full Diagnostics – In addition to typical electrical protection and diagnostics, the SPD Plus has a full range of pump protection features such as bound pump or motor shut down, low water or loss of prime shut down. These features require no added input devices.
• Remote on/off – Permits external control by timers (irrigation), float or pressure switches (tank draining) or manual control. Dry contact closure required.
• Hand/Auto Option – Allows the drive to be run at full speed without a pressure transducer for the purpose of new well development or system start up. Turning the control back to auto resumes the automatic pressure tracking and control.
• Remote Monitoring – External monitors may be connected to the drive for monitoring pump speed (4-20 mA output based on speed), pump run, and system fault. The fault indicator can also be connected to an auto-dialer. This enables control of pumps and drive in un-manned locations. A 4-20 mA output can be utilized for functions such as an external dosing system.
• Pressure Drop – The reaction time of the drive to pressure drops can be adjusted from the typical 5 PSI drop to as much as 20 PSI. This allows for fewer starts with leaky irrigation systems.
• No Water Restart – The SPD Plus has the capability to adjust the time delay in between each “dry well” fault. Adjustable from 10 minutes to 1 hour between each restart. Ideal for low yielding wells. Typical Applications
• Irrigation – Irrigation applications use both submersible and surface pumps. The SPD Plus can control standard 4" and 6" submersible motors as well as turbine pumps. The SPD Plus can also control surface mount centrifugal pumps up to 100 HP.
• Rural Water – Rural water districts often pump ground water from community wells with single pumps of less than 50 HP. Many have a single water tower, which limits system pressure during peak periods or at remote ends of the distribution system. The SPD Plus can automatically compensate for demand variations with either submersible or surface boosters.
• Building Booster – Commercial buildings of less than ten stories may require supplemental pressure to offset what is provided by the municipal system either on a permanent basis, or during periods of peak demand.
• Agriculture – Commercial farms for crops or livestock require a reliable source of irrigation, feeding or cooling water. Dairy, turkey, chicken, beef and various commercial crops all require a constant source of water with varying demands throughout the season.
• Retro Fit – Replace existing constant speed control panels. Upgrade your simplex commercial water system with the easy to use SPD Plus Constant Pressure Controller.
• Phase Converter – When only 1Ø power is available but 3Ø operation is desired for lower amps and smaller wire size.
You need to sign in to add a review.
Stay tuned for releases of new product reviews and videos on our YouTube channel!
Check our Social Media for new product announcements and exclusive specials for our followers.